Friday, October 21, 2011

Pleather Techniques

Recently I found a great resource for working with pleather.  I love the look that this leather-like material has for finishing purses and accessories, however it can be a bit difficult to work with.  


 The above tutorial wasn't out when I sewed this bag so I sorta just made it up as I went along and ended up just zig-zaging(?) the edges of the hole that the strap goes through since I could not get my pleather to look like it does in the pictures over at her tutorial.  I also did the button hole on the front of the strap so that the end of the strap wasn't showing on the outside.  Because my strap wasn't as wide I also only did one button hole. Although next time I'm going to try the tutorial way!






P.S.  You can find this sample bag for sale in my shop!







1 comment:

  1. Wow! You did such an amazing job :) Thanks so much for linking this up to Thrifty Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comment! It makes my day! It also means I'll stop by your blog, subscribe to it, and most importantly, reply to the comment you've left!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...