Thursday, March 15, 2012

House Plans

My fiance (Sgt. J.) and I just bought a house (yay!) in the country (yay!) on a gravel road (sort of yay?) with 15 acres (yay!) alot of bathrooms (like 4, which is huge YAY because 3 of them have showers which is 2 more showers than the house that I grew up in has) and opportunity for us to remodel a bit and make it the way we I want it to look :) Sgt. J reports that he wants it to look nice but that he doesn't really care exactly what it looks like which means I have free reign!

So in planning I took a few pictures and when I discovered this post from Remodelaholic about how she drew on photos to get an approximation of what her re-model might look like I decided to do a bit of altering of my own.

Here are some approximations of my plans:
Before (well, currently minus the grungy blue carpet that matched the wall color)
possible after for paint colors, the accent wall behind the stairs isn't quite the color I would like but it gives me some idea...and that's the point :)
looking from the living room into the dining-room before (P.S. that's Sgt. J, doesn't he just look so handsome and hardworking!)
Sgt. J in a new paint scheme

Before of Master Bedroom...yes it is very pink in there, but not the good kind of pink ombre that it going around
and After a paint and board and batten make-over
Here is the question  questions that I have:
I LOVE the board and batten look that is going around in the decorating world lately.  
BUT, I am unsure as to how far to carry the look through the house.  
At first I was considering carrying it throughout the entire main level and that it might unify the rooms a bit since it isn't a full open floor plan, HOWEVER I thought that might be a little much?
What do you think? 
Is it ok just to board and batten one room? 
Any ideas on how to incorporate this look more smoothly?

Would love to read any comments you might have on this!

P.S. Check out the "Wall Treatment" Pinterest board I've created corralling some of my favorite inspiration!





Linking Up Here!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new house! Hope you enjoy every bit of it and soak in all the memories. :) I think you can definitely pull off board and batten in one room! And carrying it throughout the house doesn't all have to be done right away. You can add B&B to the other rooms over time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten for your suggestion! I hadn't thought of that but you are right, I can always add it later to other rooms if I'd like. I think that's probably what I'll end up doing!

      Delete
  2. Sorry, I don't know about batten... but just wanted to say, that is so cool that you and your husband bought a house in the country. It looks like you two will work great together getting it remodeled. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok! Thanks for your support Becca! We are super excited too!

      Delete
  3. looks good and do what you like it's your home make it your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have earth toned colored walls and we love them!!

    Congrats on the new house!!

    I think that this is my first visit to your blog, I welcome you to come by my blog http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com and say hello and become a follower if you'd like, if you aren't one already.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comment! It makes my day! It also means I'll stop by your blog, subscribe to it, and most importantly, reply to the comment you've left!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...